Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine is a proven and time tested therapy which is over 5,000 years old. Effective for numerous health conditions, acupuncture is considered by most to be painless and very relaxing. During an acupuncture treatment, very fine, sterile, single-use needles are inserted into specific points to promote balance and healing. Upon your initial visit and prior to the treatment the acupuncturist will perform a thorough health history and physical examination to uncover any underlying imbalances and a pattern of disharmony. The acupuncturist will use this information to develop a customized treatment plan based on your individual health goals and needs. In addition, the acupuncturist may also recommend herbal supplements and make dietary and lifestyle recommendations, providing you with a well-rounded holistic approach to your health concerns. Additional modalities may be used in conjunction with treatment, such as:
- Electrical stimulation: A mild electrical current (similar to a tens unit) is applied to acupuncture needles to provide continuous stimulation to specific acupuncture points.
- Moxabustion: A form of heat therapy in which an herb called mugwort is burned to stimulate acupuncture points.
- Cupping: Glass or plastic cups are used to create suction on the skin to increase circulation and alleviate congestion in the lungs.
- Gua sha: A small, flat ox bone tool is moved back and forth across the skin to release areas of stagnation and stimulate acupoints.
- TDP lamp: A therapeutic heating device which is placed over specific areas of the body to help increase circulation and alleviate pain.
At Slope Wellness we believe in matching you with the right practitioner. Please look over our practitioner bios or give us a call to let us help match you with the appropriate practitioner for you.
Learn more about our Pediatric Acupuncture and Acupressure treatments.
Discounted Community Acupuncture also available.
Go back to Our Services.